In the late nineteenth century, Pietro Giordani began making excitingly designed bicycles, which later prompted his sons to devote themselves to the production of ‘sporting toys’, especially pedal cars, tricycles and prams for children and dolls.
From 1926 the Giordani cars copied the race models: Corsa, Sport series, Grand Prix, Indianapolis, Sprint, and then added new designs, from the 1932 Autoplane to the 1955 Reattore (Reactor).
The pedal cars were so popular that the company moved to a 70,000 square metre factory in Casalecchio, Bologna, employing over a thousand people. Giordani’s products are now highly collectible in the world of modern antiques.
The 1955 Giordani Reattore was made of specially stamped sheet metal. It has a pedal movement with changeable gear ratios and the lights are still operating with battery.
The one is part of the world-renowned Lopresto Collection of historic cars.